You are required to develop a charter for the Project including:
Include the Project description and overview you developed as part of Assessment 2.
MOV - Measurable Organisational Value
(This is the goal of the project and is utilised to define the value that your team project will bring to your client)
•Identify the desired area of impact - Rank the following areas in terms of importance: Strategy / Customer / Financial / Operational / Social
•With reference to your project, identify one or two of the following types of value:
- Better - is improving quality important to your client?
- Faster - does your client want to increase efficiency?
- Cheaper - is cutting costs important?
- Do more - does your client want to continue its growth?
•Develop an appropriate metric - this sets the target and expectation of all the stakeholders. It is important to determine a quantitative target that needs to be expressed as a metric in terms of an increase or decrease of money.
•Determine the timeframe for achieving the MOV - ask yourselves, when do we want to achieve this target metric?
•SUMMARISE THE MOV IN A CLEAR CONCISE STATEMENT OR TABLE
(Note: the MOV should inform everyone what the project will achieve, not how it will be achieved. It should also focus on the organisation, not on the technology that will be used to build or support the information system).
Define Scope and produce a Scope Management Plan
Define the scope of the project and detail how the scope will be managed.
Provide a list of Resources
Identify and detail the resources for the project using MS Project where appropriate, including:
- People (and their roles), plus any extra personnel that is required for the project.
- Technology - any hardware, network and software need to support the team and your client.
- Facilities - where will most of the teamwork be situated?
- Other - for example, travel, training etc.
Using MS Project, develop a schedule using a high-level Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). It should include:
Milestones for each phase and deliverable
- This will tell everyone associated with the project that the phase or deliverable was completed satisfactorily.
Activities / Tasks
- Define a set of activities/tasks that must be completed to produce each deliverable.
- Assign people and resources to each individual activities.
Estimates for Each Activity / Task
- Develop a time estimate for each task or activity to be completed.
- Develop a budget using the time and resources estimated for each task or activity
A summary of the WBS should be clearly provided in the report. You must include complete screenshots of your own MS project file in your assignment report and keep your MS project file with you. You lecturer might request your files to be sent individually for marking.
Project Risk Analysis and Plan
- Document any assumptions you have made about the project
- Using the Risk Identification Framework outlined in your text as a basis, identify five risks to the project – one for each of the five phases of the methodology.
- Analyse these risks, assign a risk to an appropriate member, and describe a strategy for the management of each specific risk.
Quality Management Plan. It should include:
- A short statement that reflects your team’s philosophy or objective for ensuring that you deliver a quality system to your client.
Develop and describe the following that your project team could implement to ensure quality;
- A set of verification activities
- A set of validation activities
Closure and Evaluation
For any project management, monitoring and evaluation assignment, click on the below button for our help.